It is with our deepest sorrow that we inform you that our beloved Dr. Per Otte has passed away on June 3rd, 2017.
As you can understand all appointments are currently canceled.
Dr. Otte’s son, Christopher Otte will continue the practice once he has received his acupuncture license and will contact you upon the continuing of the practice in the near future.
In the meantime, the specially formulated vitamins will still be available through the website.
Dr. Otte touched so many hearts both on a professional and a personal level. We would like to ask you to respect the family wishes, to go through this loss in private.
MicroAcupuncture Center of West Virginia's success rate is so high that we guarantee, that if you have no improvement after two days of treatments, there will be no charge.
MicroAcupuncture is a treatment for Eye Disorders. The needles will only be placed in the hands and feet. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are any needles placed in or around the eyes. In our 25 years of working with MicroAcupuncture, we have never seen a case where the disease has accelerated.
When you suffer from Eye diseases, there are some things an Eye patient can do to slow down the progression of the Degeneration. Combining supplements and a lifestyle changes, you will "see" the difference.
1. When you plan your food try to make it as colorful as you can, eat different food every day (especially kale, you should eat this every day).
2. Make it a habit to eat fresh vegetables every day; there is no way to replace fresh with frozen, canned or dried vegetables.
3. Take a good vitamin/mineral supplement, we recommend MicroAcupuncture Vision Support, and in addition to that you should take 1200 mg of Lecithin a day (this helps with your cholesterol build up).
4. Take good fish oil, to maintain good blood quality. We recommend Supra Krill from the cold pole waters which is free from pollutants.
5. Make it a habit to exercise every day, drink plenty of water, and go easy on the salt. Macular Degeneration starts with plaque build-up in the arteries, so protect your eyes the same way you would protect your heart.
6. To monitor the development of the Degeneration, you can get vision field scans. This will map the area and severity of the damage you have. You can also have an amsler grid to check for changes from "dry" to "wet" Macular Degeneration, and a near visual acuity card to check your vision in reading distance (18”) on a regular basis.
7. You still have to keep up with your regular appointments with your ophthalmologist.
The Importants of vitamins and minerals
When you are losing vision, the first thing you need to do is look at the nutrition you are receiving. Most people eat the same cereal every morning, get the same lunch, and not much variations in their dinners either. Cereals are mostly carbohydrates. Lunch more often than not will contain a lot of fat and salt and have been over cooked reducing vitamins contained within. If you go out for dinner, it is possible to find restaurants that are health conscious an do not serve dishes with high salt and sugar content.
Most of the food we buy today is of poor nutritional quality, some vegetables have never seen soil but are grown in mineral wool (insulation material) and watered with a few nutrients, so they will grow nice and big with the least amount of labor. They also might have been grown in the same fields for the last 100 years, without adding trace minerals to the fields resulting in depletions of minerals in the food we buy.
That is why it is important to get good supplements. Some supplements sold in stores in some cases can be just as bad as the food in the market. You can see what is contained within the supplements by looking on the label of the bottle.
On a personal account, I was once offered the vitamins I sell, from another manufacturer, for less than we pay for just the Lutein in our vitamins. The representative left some sample bottles that according to its labels contained the same amount of vitamins and minerals as what is sold at my office. I sent a sample off to a laboratory to see what was in them and how much of what was contained within. The results came back as the whole bottle (200 capsules) having the same amount of vitamins and minerals we had in 8 capsules of our own supplements.
SO LOOK OUT FOR WHAT YOU BUY
You can buy vitamins containing very small amounts of Vit-A, Vit-C, Vit-E, Zink, Selenium, Copper and Lutein that are labelled as "complete eye vitamins." Due to these small amount of supplements contained within these "complete eye vitamins," to get the required minimum amount needed to maintain healthy eyes, you will run out of these vitamins in roughly 5 days; contrary to the bottle saying it will last for 30 days. When taking vitamins always take a complete multi-vitamin with added vitamins and minerals for the specific treatment of your illness you are looking to cure.
It does not matter what kind of supplement you are taking, it will not by itself improve your visions. At best change it will slow down the deterioration of your vision. In best case scenarios it may maintain vision quality between treatments. Patients who have discontinued use of vitamin supplement usually end up having to come back earlier to receive treatments.